Being a part of the Young Professional’s Board (YPB) is an opportunity for professional development for members. Because of this, we mimic our board’s onboarding process, culture, and meeting processes with the YPB. This gives the members the chance to see how nonprofits operate and help them develop the skills they need to become leaders of Maria Droste Counseling Center or other organizations in the community.
As part of the organization’s execution of its mission, Maria Droste makes the following commitment to its YPB members:
- We will provide you the opportunity for meaningful and rewarding service to our mission and our community.
- We will provide you in a timely way with the information you need to be an effective YPB member.
- We will be diligent in making the best possible use of the assets you make available to us, whether those are assets of time, wisdom, experience, relationships or money.
- We will schedule meetings in advance, and we will start and end meetings on time, unless a majority of those present at the time elect otherwise.
- We will make every effort to keep our meetings brief, relevant, interesting and impactful.
- We will respond to the best of our ability to your questions and concerns.
- We will encourage your feedback and criticism.
- We will do our utmost to be an organization of which all of us can be proud.
Along with our six (6) required annual Board meetings, which are held every other month, we provide six (6) optional training sessions to prepare our YPB members to become full Board members at our organization or other organizations in our community.
As a YPB member, we ask for a one (1) year commitment of service to Maria Droste Counseling Center. When a term is up for renewal the YPB will collectively vote to extend my term of service if the YPB member so desires.
Please contact our Development Director, Marsena (Mars) Holsopple for more information at Mars@MariaDroste.org or 303-867-4605.